Come and visit the Global Health Training Centre for over 20 free online courses relating to research conduct and research ethics. These courses have been built with the support and partnership of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the World-Wide Antimalarial Resistance Network (www.wwarn.org) and The East African Consortium for Clinical Research (www.eaccr.org).
Courses focusing on bioethics, research ethics and regulatory review include:
- Research ethics online training - a comprehensive 14 module course adapted from an eLearning course developed by WHO.
- Essential elements of ethics - adapted from the Multi-Regional Clinical Trials Center at Harvard University (Harvard MRCT) Ethics Tool Kit.
- Ethics in epidemics, emergencies and disasters: research, surveillance and patient care, adapted from the WHO training manual of the same title.
Specialist short courses
- Introduction to reviewing genomic research - also available in Français, Português & Español
- How to Conduct GCP Inspections/audits at the clinical investigator site
- Ethics of ancillary care in research
- Ethics and best practices in sharing individual-level research data
- Children and clinical research - also available in Español
- An introduction to reviewing social science research - coming soon
- Ethics of cluster randomised trials - coming soon
eLearning courses on the ethics and regulation of research from external providers
We maintain a directory of over 80 online courses for committee members who review research for ethics committees, review boards, regulatory committees, and those developing protocols for review. Many are free of charge and offer certification for those who choose to take the tests at the ends of modules. Please let us know of any additional online training courses by posting a message on our discussion forum.
Please use the tab above to search for courses by course provider.