This blog is closed to new posts due to inactivity. The post remains here as part of the network’s archive of useful research information. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
Module 1 of the ARESA Postgraduate Diploma programme will be offered from 17 to 28 February 2014 and interested individuals may apply to attend this module as a short course. There will be a range of national and international lecturers covering the following topics:Module 1: Week 1 (17 – 21 February 2014)
- historical perspectives on the ethics of biomedical & behavioural research
- ethical challenges in human participant research
- international and domestic codes & guidelines
- operational challenges of research ethics committees
- assessing risks and benefits in research
- the ethics of recruitment
Module 1: Week 2 (24 – 28 February 2014)
- the philosophical approach to ethics
- major ethical theories and principles
- african philosophy and research
- legal aspects of health research
- Mock REC meetings
If you are interested in applying for this short course please forward your curriculum vitae and a short motivation letter outlining your interest. Please indicate if you would like to do week 1, week 2 or both weeks.The cost for this short course is R3500 per week. To secure your booking payment needs to be made by 03 February 2014.The course will be accredited for CPD points by the Colleges of Medicine of South Africa.All short course applications must be submitted by 17 January 2014.
Any plans for another training this year?